Update 8th October 2019:
The Umrah visa system that was in practice for the last 15 years has been completely replaced this year by a new central system named Maqam.
The Maqam is a central portal that will act as a pivot point for all hotel and transfers bookings. As we write these lines, most of the hotels are gradually registering on the Maqam and becoming available to book.
The repeat umrah visa fee has been revoked but some charges have been added on every intending pilgrim who applies for an umrah visa. Right now the cost of Umrah visa is more than double last year.
A visit visa for the British pilgrims has also been introduced and can be obtained online by applying directly at the Visit Saudia Official Site.
Meningitis vaccination certificate will no longer be required for visa processing itself.
We are at your service to make sure all the possible ease and comfort for your Umrah journey. The following points have been summarized for your convenience. However, if you have any queries please feel free to give us a call at 0203 026 26 51 or fill the query form below:
For Visa only, we need the following these days:
- Original Passport
- 1 Photographs with white background
- Biometric card (if visa is on card. Only for non-British passport holders)
- Proof of address in case of European passports
- Current Visa Fee (In Advance)
Prerequisites for Umrah Visa:
- You cannot apply for Umrah visa on your own. An authorized Umrah agent is needed to apply for an Umrah visa for you, according to the Saudi government laws.
- If you hold any type of visit visa in UK then you cannot apply for Umrah visa.
- From the date of submission of the application form, your passport should be valid for a minimum of 7 months.
- If a person has a non-Muslim name then a certificate is needed from a Mosque or a religious center, as a declaration of him/her being a Muslim.
- 2 recent passport size photograph with a white background is required to be attached with the application form. Make sure to face the camera while taking the photo because angled or side pose is not accepted.
- A woman who is not of 45 years of age, is not allowed for Umrah without a mahram. However, the proof of the relationship with the male member is required with the application form.
- A woman who is 45 years of age or older is allowed to travel for Umrah without a mahram. Contact us for more details. You can read more on mahram rules here.
- Children who are younger than 18 years will not be issued an Umrah visa unless they are accompanied by elder members of the family.
- The validity of Umrah visa is 30 days but that can change anytime. Especially after Rajab it changes to 15 days. However, the exact dynamics are that Umrah visa is issued for 30 days, within which, you have to travel. After your entry in Saudi, you need to exit within 30 days. To stay on the safe side, it is advised to keep the above periods to 28 days each. Please contact us for more information.
- It is not allowed to perform Hajj if you hold an Umrah or visit visa.
- Starting from the visa, you can book your flights, accommodation and transportation with us. It is recommended to go with one agent. DIY approach can lead to problems for you.
- Makkah, Medina and Jeddah are the only cities allowed to visit under Umrah visa. If you plan to visit other places in KSA, you should inform us before hand. We will cater to your visa and flight needs accordingly. According to new rules however, you can visit other cities in the Kingdom as well.
- You can also have a side-trip booked to meet your friends and family, before going to Umrah or before coming back to UK.
- You are not allowed to work on Umrah Visa. And you can not over stay. Violation of rules will result in heavy penalties and legal action by Saudi government.
Visa prices are liquid and can change anytime. Any difference in prices will be charged from the customer.