Update 19th September 2017:
As of today, there is confirmed information that umrah visas will be opening in September itself insha Allah and people will be able to travel for umrah in early October insha Allah. So, if you are planning to go for umrah in October mid-term holidays, you can Insha Allah plan now.
We are at your service to make sure all the possible ease and comfort for your Umrah and Hajj journey. The following points have been summarized for your convenience. However, if you have any queries please feel free to give us a call at 0203 026 26 51 or fill the query form below:
For Visa only, we need the following these days:
- Original Passport
- 2 Photographs with white background
- Biometric card (if visa is on card. Only for non-British passport holders)
- Return Flight Details
- Hotel Reservation Vouchers
- Proof of address in case of European passports
- Current Visa Fee (In Advance)
- SR2000 in case of travelling within this Hijri year again according to the defined exchange rate.
Please note that Saudi government has imposed a fee of SR2000 on all umrah pilgrims, who have been to umrah in one Hijri year before. Please factor this cost in, if you meet this condition. It applies to both existing and new customers and is a government charge and not part of the visa fee as such.
Prerequisites for Umrah Visa:
- You cannot apply for Umrah visa on your own. An authorized Umrah agent is needed to apply for an Umrah visa for you, according to the Saudi government laws.
- If you hold any type of visit visa in UK then you cannot apply for Umrah visa.
- An original Umrah Visa application form needs to be completed with the terms and conditions carefully read and signed. You can have the application form from your travel agent via email or you may request the form from your nearest Saudi Consulate.
- From the date of submission of the application form, your passport should be valid for a minimum of 7 months.
- If a person has a non-Muslim name then a certificate is needed from a Mosque or a religious center, as a declaration of him/her being a Muslim.
- 2 recent passport size photograph with a white background is required to be attached with the application form. Make sure to face the camera while taking the photo because angled or side pose is not accepted.
- A woman who is not of 45 years of age or older, is not allowed for Umrah without a mahram. However, the proof of the relationship with the male member is required with the application form.
- A woman who is 45 years of age or older is allowed to travel for Umrah without a mahram but they must travel in a group and produce an NOC from their mahram. Contact us for more details. You can read more on mahram rules here.
- Children who are younger than 18 years will not be issued an Umrah visa unless they are accompanied by elder members of the family.
- Meningococcal Meningitis vaccine certificate, ACWY, is a requirement, as of 22nd January 2015, for applying for Umrah Visa from UK, therefore, it is now mandatory that you take the jab at least ten days before departure. Appointments are sometime difficult to set and keeping in mind the time constraints, you should book appointments well in time with your GP. There are pharmacies as well, across UK that administer the vaccine and issue an ACWY there and then. If you have been vaccinated any time within the last three years, you are exempt, if you can produce a certificate.
- The validity of Umrah visa is 30 days but that does not mean you are allowed to stay there for 30 days. 14 is the maximum number of days (according to 2015 new rules) allowed in Saudi Arabia and you must return before this period expires. In the month of Ramadan, you are also not allowed to stay for longer than this period. However, the exact dynamics are that Umrah visa is issued for 30 days, within which, you have to travel. After your entry in Saudi, you need to exit within 15 days. To stay on the safe side, it is advised to keep the above periods to 28 days and 14 days. Please contact us for more information.
- It is not allowed to perform Hajj if you hold an Umrah visa.
- Starting from the visa, you can book your flights, accommodation and transportation with us. It is recommended to go with one agent. DIY approach can lead to problems for you.
- Makkah, Medina and Jeddah are the only destinations allowed to visit under Umrah visa. If you plan to visit other places in KSA, you should inform us before hand. We will cater to your visa and flight needs accordingly. However, it is Saudi embassy’s discretion to allow such visits and we can not promise anything.
- You can also have a side-trip booked to meet your friends and family, before going to Umrah or before coming back to UK.
- You are not allowed to work on Umrah Visa. And you can not over stay. Violation of rules will result in heavy penalties and legal action by Saudi government.
- If your Mahram is in a different country, read this guide.
Visa prices are liquid and can change anytime. Any difference in prices will be charged from the customer.