Umrah Packing Checklist
Before going to Umrah, you must realize the fact that it is not an easy task and you may face difficulty if you do not carry with yourself all the essential items that you may need there. It is better to prepare a list of all the items so that you don’t face problem afterwards.
Here is a list of indispensable items that should be on your list. You may add any item to your list if you consider it important according to your need.
- At the time of leaving for Umrah, you must have all the related knowledge about how to perform Umrah. If you have any questions related to your journey and the Umrah rituals, you should ask an experienced person or a religious scholar about them.
- Before you leave your house for the airport, make sure you have your passport, visa, identity card etc.
- The most important thing for Umrah is Ihram. For men, it is a two piece plain white cloth. You must have a belt to hold your Ihram. For women, you should keep plain cotton clothes with you to cover your body completely.
- Reading material such as a pocket Quran and dua’a books.
- A Tasbeeh so that you get reminded about the ibadah and do zikar easily.
- A comprehensive guide book that tells the complete procedure of Umrah.
- A prayer mat as the weather in Makkah is hot and its difficult to sit on floor. Make sure it can be carried easily.
- An umbrella to resist the weather.
- Things of your daily use such as toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, soap, shampoo, towel and cream or lotion because the weather is very dry.
- Basic medicines such as painkillers, fever tablets etc.
- 2 to 3 pair of slippers as you may lose one.
- A small bag that can be carried easily by having in tied with you. So that you can carry money and your slippers with you.
- Alarm clock.
- You should remember that cell phones with cameras are not allowed in there so you must carry a phone without a camera.
- Socks. You may buy it from there.
- A pair of scissors for cutting hair.
- A travel iron as there may not be the facility of pressing clothes available at every place you stay.
- A pair of sunglasses as the sunlight in Saudi Arabia is quite harsh.
- You should carry with yourself a bottle of water (preferably Zamzam) when you are leaving the hotel for any purpose so as to keep yourself hydrated on the go.
- Make sure you have all the sleeping accessories like sleeping bag, a sheet, inflatable pillow. Everything should be easy to carry.
The checklist can vary from one individual to the other. These are just the recommended set of items as a reminder for your convenience and ease all along the journey.